Nine ramblers met on 20th September to walk 5 and a half miles round Gladhouse reservoir which was built in 1879. It was very pleasant walking on the woodland path at the side of the reservoir with views across the water to the islands and the marked tree plantings on the hill. Flocks of geese, a swan with cygnets and a little grebe were spotted and also a buzzard flying near the group when having a lunch break. On the return walk to the cars the range of the Pentland hills were clear in the distance. The weather was fine, dry but not very sunny and everyone enjoyed the company and the scenery.